Wednesday, March 30, 2016

727 transmission HELP!!!

I never write to the web for help, but since I am buying a Trans kit for my RV, I thought it wise to hear from the best (That's what I been told) somethign about crown source.
     So, here it is. I have a 72 Coachman Class A w/ a 392 IH engine and their version of a 727 trans, in an IH case. A 727 kit will work for this rebuild right? My question is, should I rebuild this or is it "Over" for this trans...I know, "How the hell do you know? You can't see it. Here's what's happening, and NOBODY has a post on this issue, Runs and shifts nice. It just needs to be run in first, second and Drive, manually. It will not start off in "D" position. Once rolling, unless I make a complete stop, it's fine. It will roll in D, but on acceleration. I think it feels like it's in forward and reverse. at the least, not going anywhere. I know TH's and a bit on C-4,6 Nothing on 727, 904. except to R&R them
So, what gives? the prev. owner said he did not Kit -it, but there is no accumulator spring between it and the VB. Slight crap in the pan. typical looking insides. The no spring spooks me, and no forward in D, is not acceptable. It's a damn RV, not a 1/4 miler. Thanks for any help before I pick the right kit.

PS: anyone wise about getting answers on-line, please advise, I tried all the usual ways, Forums, Phone a friend, Web search, you tube.

No comments:

Post a Comment