Friday, February 24, 2012

Dentist with a Heart, part 3

Well, we all fear the Dentist.
 I guess I always did. Thankfully thru the NH Dentist with a Heart Program I managed to have 6 teeth fixed!, and one extracted : (.... Three visits, all in all, I would say was a success story. I met some great dentists in New Hampshire, and one not so great. I would have to say going to the dentist has changed in the past 10 years. (Since my last terrible experience) and the pain is nowhere near what it used to be like. When I had to go see a dentist, I would have a thousand reasons not to go "That day". It was the pain. Although this time  I did not get to have nitrous oxide, or sleep dentistry, the pain was not that bad.
    I personally think the Dentist with a Heart program is a great way for dentist's to get new patients and old patients to come in and see what modern dentistry is all about. When a person is introduced to that "correct" dentist, the one who treats them really well, they will in return get a new patient, and more importantly positive word-of-mouth advertising. I know exactly where I will go back to, and where I will not go back to. It is just unfortunate that as in many things we have to learn through our mistakes. One bad dentists experience should not keep you from going back. They are not all the same. and if I were a Dentist, and I KNEW I was good...I would definitely volunteer one day out of the year to treat those who have limited funds, or at least like many, can find a lot better ways to spend their money. If a person feels as if they got treated well and relieved a decent service, the price can be acceptable. For me it was a lot of money for PAIN. And now that I am disabled and can't afford a dentist, it was a generous, appreciated gift.
  I couldn't say, "Thank you" enough.
   Remember, "Be true to your teeth, or they'll be FALSE to you".

No comments:

Post a Comment