Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Dentist with a Heart, part 2 the happy ending.

Well, Guess What?

  I received a call from that dentist office that I went to, and got shoved to the back,
By not the office, but by the inconsiderate folks that were there waiting to be seen.

It was a good call, they were very understanding and apologetic, and couldn't believe that happened.
They couldn't believe everyone didn't think to ask if I got on the "To be seen next" list.

Bottom line, they offered me a one-time courtesy to be seen there for the cavity that the filling fell out of.
I couldn't believe it, but I am so grateful.
It goes to show as I have said before , "People are not mind readers" you really need to communicate in a
polite way, and don't be afraid to ask for what you need."
They honestly don't know what you want,
 and I find sometimes, what you are hoping for is far less than they are willing to give.

EX: I was stuck in my van, the lift would not deploy on the snow, making getting out of the van impossible.
An old man came over, and helped me. He worked very hard pushing on the lift and wheelchair, till I was safe inside!
I didn't have the heart to tell him, "I was trying to get out".
Once,
I was at a dept store, checking out at the register, I seen a well dressed man looking at me! guarding the door. I thought, "Gee's this guy must be thinking I am a shop lifter". It wasn't till I approached the door that I realized he was standing there waiting, just to assist me by holding the door when I left.
   See, there are some decent people out there, and this Dentist office, once they learned the facts, turned out to be pretty understanding, and all I was hoping for was an apology!

That doesn't mean every person in wheelchair needs or even wants help. I didn't at first, and I wanted to be independent. But I learned by not allowing someone to assist me is also hurting by robbing them of wanting to be a helpful and decent person. So even if I am all set, I will gladly accept any help offered.

Communication is............, AAAh, Uh, Um, ahh, kinda, sort-a, umm.
I think you know what I'm saying.


 Good talking with you all
I just thought you would like to know,
                                       
  O 
        O   ^__^
         o  (oo)_______
            (__)       )\/\
                ||----w |
                ||     ||

No comments:

Post a Comment